Reduce food waste by 50 % on 85 % of our sites by 2025
Terms of the action or commitment
* Sites covered by the WasteWatch program.
Fighting against food waste is a priority for Sodexo, the first global food services company connecting its financing to action to prevent food waste.
In line with the waste hierarchy, the Group’s initiatives will aim at:
Reducing food waste:
• Sodexo will intensify the deployment of WasteWatch, a digital program to analyze and monitor sources of food waste. More sites will be equipped, with specific trainings for catering teams on food waste avoidance practices.
• The Group will continue its consumer awareness initiatives, based, among other things, on its annual anti-waste campaign: WasteLESS Week.
Giving a “new life” to unsold food:
• Whether with Stop Hunger or with local partners, Sodexo will continue to provide surplus food to food distribution chains.
• Sodexo will deepen its work with local players like Phenix, Yume and Too Good to Go to allow customers to buy unsold items at a discounted price.
Valorize organic waste: Sodexo intends to expand partnerships with companies such as Suez and Les Alchimistes to recover food waste into compost or energy.
Finally, aware of the systemic nature of food waste, Sodexo will continue its work to align stakeholders in the agri-food chain. In that purpose, Sodexo will deepen its works with organizations such as the International Food Waste Coalition (IFWC), the Champions 12.3 initiative and the 10X20X30 coalition.