Increase the percentage of recycled plastic used in products manufactured by Plastic Omnium for one of its customers, with a target of 50% by 2030
Terms of the action or commitment
2022 follow-up of the action
– More than 50 suppliers were contacted as part of a large benchmarking exercise.
– 200 recycled materials were proposed and evaluated
– 65 were tested in-house by combining injection tests on industrial presses and performance characterization tests on specimens and parts in the laboratory.
– The best materials have been injected internally and at our suppliers
– A demonstrator, based on an existing product, was manufactured with some of these materials. It contains 50% mass recycled plastics
– The most critical performances were evaluated by the laboratory with encouraging results
– This demonstrator made it possible to assess the level of maturity of the new grades of recycled materials in relation to the level of performance and requirement of the automotive industry.
– The logical continuation of this project is to integrate these materials into future vehicles in order to increase the share of recycled plastics and thus meet the very high demand of our customers and consumers.